If Sense identifies multiple components of a device separately (i.e., the heat and motor components of your dryer) or detects a device multiple times, you may want to merge them into one device. Merging, which can be undone if needed, aggregates the stats of the combined devices, making them easier to track and monitor.
To merge a device:
- Using the mobile app for iOS or Android*, navigate to the Device Settings screen by tapping the gear icon in the top right of any Device Details view.
- Within the Manage tab, tap "Merge Device."
- Select the devices you’d like to merge it with. If a device is already merged, you must unmerge it before it and/or its counterparts can be merged again.
- Tap "Done" to complete the merge.
You can rename the merged device, set notifications for it, and perform any other function as you would with a regular device.
To unmerge a device:
- Navigate to the device’s Device Settings screen.
- Tap "Merged Device (#)" at the bottom.
- Deselect the devices you’d like to unmerge.
- Tap "Done."
*Device merging is currently only available in the mobile app. Web app support is coming soon.