Cost is a powerful way to understand your energy habits in the Sense app.
To add cost (dollar amounts):
1. Navigate to Settings > My Home and tap "Electricity Cost." Tap the "Show cost" slider.
2. Enter your electricity rate. Not sure what your rate is? We show the national average below for reference, and if you select your home state in My Home > State, your state average as well. We currently only support fixed rates, but plan to support tiered and time of use (TOU) rates in the near future.
With electricity cost enabled, you can:
1. See how much money you’re spending in real time on the Now and Power Meter screens
2. Get an idea of a device’s monthly cost in the Trends section
3. See how much money you’re spending over different time periods by visiting the Trends screen and tapping on the Usage card. While there, tap a device and see how much it's consuming, not only as a percentage, but also in kWh and $.
Note: Electricity cost settings are currently only available in the mobile app. When set in the mobile app, dollar amounts will appear in the web app as well.