So you have the Sense mobile app downloaded, the monitor installed in your electrical panel, and are ready to configure it with the Sense app? Great! We use Bluetooth to make to the initial link from your mobile device to the monitor. If you’re near your monitor with Bluetooth enabled on your iOS/Android device, the Sense app should seamlessly identify your monitor and begin connecting.
If the app is unable to detect your monitor and you find yourself unable to move past the "Scanning…" installation screen:
- Double-check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. If you're on Android, also check that Location Services are enabled. This is only needed for setup.
- Ensure that you are standing close to your Sense monitor with your mobile device when going through the setup process.
If you are still unable to detect your monitor, we recommend trying:
- Turning Bluetooth off and on again on your mobile device.
- Power cycling your monitor by turning its breaker off for 5 seconds and then back on. The monitor's Bluetooth transceiver is only operational for the first 15 minutes after it boots, so be prepared to complete the setup right after you power cycle.
- Temporarily disconnect from any other Bluetooth devices, such as smart watches or speakers.
- Close and reopen the Sense mobile app.
- Try this process with a different phone or tablet.
Still having connection troubles? You can send the Sense monitor's diagnostic logs to our Support team to begin the troubleshooting process:
- Try the connection process and wait for it to fail.
- When the error message pops up, select "Help & Support."
- In the next list of options, select "Contact Support."
- The monitor's diagnostic logs will automatically populate within an email draft. Press "Send" on the email window to have a ticket created and sent to our Support team.
- A member of our Support team will reach out with next steps.
Contact our Support team for further assistance!