So you have the Sense app downloaded, the monitor installed in your electrical panel, and are ready to configure it with the Sense app? Great! We use Bluetooth to make to the initial link from your mobile device to the monitor, so that you can connect the monitor to your Wi-Fi network and complete the setup process. If you’re near your monitor with Bluetooth enabled on your iOS/Android device, the Sense app should seamlessly identify your monitor and begin ‘Connecting...’
If the app is unable to detect your monitor and you find yourself unable to move past the ‘Scanning…’ installation screen:
- Double check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. If you're on Android, also check that 'Location' services are enabled. This is only needed for setup.
- Ensure that you’re close to your monitor when going through the setup process.
If you are still unable to detect your monitor, we recommend trying:
- Turning bluetooth off and on again.
- Powercycling your monitor by turning its breaker off and the back on. The monitor's Bluetooth transceiver is only operational for the first 15 minutes after it boots, so be prepared to complete the setup right after you powercycle.
- Closing and reopening the Sense app.
Still having troubles? Contact our support team for further assistance!