Once the Sense Monitor is installed, Sense uses Bluetooth to make the initial link from your mobile device to the Monitor.
- Download the Sense mobile app on your phone or tablet.
- Enable Bluetooth on your iOS/Android device.
- Cycle the breaker for Sense to ON in order to start the Bluetooth broadcast.
- Remain near your Monitor (5-15 feet).
The Sense app should seamlessly identify your Monitor and begin connecting.
If you have trouble connecting, please walk through the following steps. If you’ve completed these steps previously, please walk through them again as sometimes it can take multiple tries to successfully connect.
- Switch off the breaker connected to your Sense monitor. Leave it off for 5 seconds.Then switch the breaker back on.
- With your device, please stand 5 - 15 feet of the Sense monitor.
- In your device settings, turn off Bluetooth.
- Restart your mobile phone.
- Return to settings in your mobile phone and turn the Bluetooth back on.
- Attempt to connect to your Sense monitor using the Sense app. If there is no connection, repeat these steps.
If you find the system is unable to move past the "Scanning…" installation screen, there are several things you can do:
- Ensure the antenna is securely installed outside of the electrical panel.
- Ensure that the coaxial cable fitting that goes into the monitor is tightened.
- Double-check that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet.
- If you're on Android, also check that Location Services are enabled (after successful setup, you can disable this function).
Now, re-cycle the Bluetooth, as follows:
- Complete this setup right after the re-cycle, because the monitor's Bluetooth transceiver is only operational for 15 minutes after it boots.
- Remain 5-15’ from your Sense Monitor during the entire process.
- At the panel, turn off the power breaker that connects to the Monitor.
- Wait 5 seconds, and then turn the breaker back on.
Still not connecting? Here are more actions you can perform to try to help the connection:
- Temporarily disconnect from any other Bluetooth devices, such as smart watches or speakers.
- Close and reopen the Sense mobile app.
- Reboot your phone.
- Ensure Bluetooth permission is enabled for the Sense app specifically.
- Ensure the Sense Monitor unit is powered by checking that the lights on the Monitor are on (they can be hard to see, so you may want to look directly into the ports).
If necessary, repeat these steps using a different phone or tablet.
Contact Sense Support
If there is no connection after multiple tries, please let us know and include the following information:
- When you contact us, we will need to know your Sense monitor serial number. This 10-character number starts with a N, M or W. It can be found on the bottom of the box the monitor came in, or on the Sense monitor itself. Send the Sense Monitor's diagnostic logs to our Support team, as follows:
- Try the above connection process once more (start at #1 above), and wait for it to fail.
- When the error message pops up, select "Help & Support."
- In the next list of options, select "Contact Support." The monitor's diagnostic logs will automatically populate within an email draft. Press "Send" on the email window and the system will create a ticket and send it to our Support team.
- A member of our Support team will reach out to discuss next steps within 24 hours.