After your Sense Home Energy Monitor is installed in your electrical panel and connected to the app, it will begin to run automatic checks to ensure that it is connected properly and can continue with setup. If the check does encounter an issue, the app will display one of the following error messages displayed:
- BADV0 or BADV1: One of the power cables is not connected properly. Please ensure that:
- the connection to the breaker terminal is not biting down on the insulation instead of the conductor
- the breaker itself is fully seated onto the panel
- the breaker itself is operational
- BADPHASE: The detected phase is out of range. Please ensure that a 240V dual-pole breaker was used for installation as Sense needs to see both phases.
- BADFREQ: The detected frequency is out of range. This is highly unlikely in the US or Canada.
Please contact support if you receive any of the above error codes. As always, we recommend that an electrician or licensed professional install the Sense monitor and make any necessary setup changes within the electrical panel.