With the release of v37, users can provide Sense with wattage estimates for devices they believe to be "always on." Learn more about Always On and what devices might contribute here: https://sense.com/learn/what-is-always-on/
This 'Estimated Wattage' that users add would be calculated as an average over a 24-48 hour period.
To add an Always On estimate for a device:
- Navigate to Devices and tap "Always On"
- Scroll to “Always On Devices” card and tap the “+” icon
- Search the database for a device from your home
- Tap the correct make and model device from the database
- If the device is not in the existing database, click “Create”
- Select the “type” of device from the drop-down list
- Enter in the accurate “Make” and “Model” of your device to help build our database in the future
- Click “Estimated Wattage” and follow the in-app prompts to calculate the Always On estimate of your created device. If you have difficulty finding the wattage this way, you may be able to find the device’s ‘idle’ or ‘standby’ wattage in manufacturer specifications.
- After completing, you will see a “Success” banner at the top of the “Always On” screen
* Please note that device adding is only available on mobile iOS/Android apps.