What to know
The Sense app must be paired with your electric meter to complete the connection setup. Setup cannot be completed if your device is unable to pair with your meter.
Check to make sure:
- You are staying 5-15 ft from your meter with clear line of sight
- It’s been <15 min since you began the setup process
- For security purposes, the process may restart after a certain amount of time
- You are using a compatible iOS or Android device for setup
- If everything above is true, there could be an issue with your electric meter getting into pairing mode. Follow the steps below.
What to do
- Move near your meter
- Be sure you and your device are located between 5 and 15 feet from the meter, and that you face it directly not from the side). Adjust your position, then try again.
- Restart setup
- We will review the information you submitted for network name and password, make any corrections needed, then try again.
- Check your device version
- Try Again
- We will reissue a request to turn on our meter’s pairing mode