Viewing your energy usage in the context of your electricity billing cycle is a great way to get an idea of how device usage contributes to your bill. You can also define Tiime of Use (TOU) rate zones.
To add billing cycle in the Sense mobile app
1. Navigate to Settings > Electricity Info and tap "Billing Cycle Start."
2. Select the day of the month that your billing cycle begins, and tap "Save."
If you now go to Dashboard and view the Usage card, you see your energy consumption and production now follow this updated billing cycle date range.
To add Time of Use Rate Zones
1. Navigate to Settings > Electricity Info /Time of Use Rate Zones and tap the + next to "Add new rate zone"
2. Fill out the form on this page (be sure to scroll down). It allows you to:
- Opt in if you want to receive notifications when entering this rate zone
- Name one or more Rate Zones
- Define cents/kWh rate
- Fine tune start and end dates for one or more Rate Zones
- Define Rate Zone recurrence
- Identify particular days of week for a Rate Zone, if applicable
- Define start and end times per Rate Zone
Note: Billing cycle settings are currently only available in the mobile app.