Note: Sense should be installed by an electrician or qualified professional, and should be installed in compliance with applicable local codes.
To install Sense outside of the electrical panel, you will need to install a 4-prong 240V electric receptacle and mating plug on the supplied power cable (receptacle and plug not included).
Locate an ideal place to install the mounting bracket. Make sure that all wires are unobstructed and that the current sensor cable can reach the Sense monitor.
Please be sure to install all hardware no further than 1 ft from your electrical panel.
Installing the 120v/240v Electrical Outlet
Recommended Receptacle Type: NEMA L14-20R or 14-20R
Recommended Plug Type: NEMA L14-20P or 14-20P
- Locate a place to install the 120v/240v receptacle near the electrical panel. The receptacle should be installed no more than 1 ft away from your electrical panel.
- Next, install the receptacle. It should be connected to a 20A, 240V circuit breaker. This should be a 4-prong 120V/240V receptacle.
- Using the external power cable, install a 120v/240v plug on the power cable that mates the receptacle in the previous step.
Installing the Sense Monitor and Mounting Bracket
- Find a location near the electrical panel to install the Sense monitor mounting bracket. The mounting bracket should be installed no more than 1 ft away from the electrical panel.
- Install the Sense mounting bracket using the supplied hardware.
- Place the Sense monitor in the mounting bracket.
- Refer to the Sense installation guide to finish installing the Sense monitor.
- To power your Sense monitor, plug it into the receptacle and make sure the breaker that the receptacle is connected to is switched on.
If you have questions or run into any issue during the installation of the Sense monitor, please contact us.