Note: Sense is not currently compatible with 5Ghz networks.
Electrical panels are electrically noisy places and, as you might imagine, the RF (radio frequency) conditions near your home's panel mean that Sense needs a strong Wi-Fi connection in order to overcome any potential interference.
If your Sense monitor is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network:
- First, double check that the Wi-Fi antenna is correctly installed, the Sense monitor is on, and that your Wi-Fi router is on and working properly and that you have a consistent internet connection.
- If you are still unable to connect to your Wi-Fi network, there could be an issue with your network’s signal strength. To remedy this, we recommend moving your router closer to where Sense is installed, or installing another access point. However, if the router or access point is located too close to Sense (within 3-5 feet), it's possible that this could be providing too strong of a signal. Try moving it further away to see if that helps. -70dB to -35dB is the best operating range for Sense. You can check your signal strength with a variety of of mobile apps. Just search "Wi-Fi signal strength" in your mobile app store or reach out to us at email@example.com for a recommendation.
- If you have multiple routers or access points, make sure the one that is closest to your Sense monitor has a different SSID, so that your Sense monitor doesn't accidentally try to connect to one of the other access points.
- If you don't see your Wi-Fi network listed but do see others, tap "Other Network" to manually enter your network's details. If you don't see any networks listed, tap "Continue Anyways" to manually enter your network's details.
Still having connection troubles? You can send the Sense monitor's diagnostic logs to our Support team to begin the troubleshooting process:
- Try the connection process and wait for it to fail again.
- When the error message pops up, select "Help & Support."
- In the next list of options, select "Contact Support."
- The monitor's diagnostic logs will automatically populate within an email draft. Press "Send" on the email window to have a ticket created and sent to our Support team.
- A member of our Support team will reach out with next steps.